Nearly three thousand people died in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. In Lower Manhattan, on a field in Pennsylvania, and along the banks of the Potomoc, the United States suffered the single largest loss of life from an enemy attack on its soil.
In November 2002 the United States Congress and President George W. Bush established by law the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, also known as the 9/11 Commission. This independent, bipartisan panel was directed to examine the facts and circumstances surrounding the September 11 attacks, identify lessons learned, and provide recommendations to safeguard against future acts of terrorism.
- Dick Cheney is a war mongerer
- This is a must read for anyone studying homeland defense and security. Provides pivotal information on how America responded to the 9/11 attacks.
- The problem is that the report is quite well written and succinct in so far as it goes but the real problem rests with the Commission itself. They clearly ignored so many very disturbing questions that have been raised since the attack and they failed to call many witnesses that would have given extremely important evidence. I would include potential witnesses such as Susan Landauer in this category. These omissions are very serious indeed and tends to give independent minds such as myself the distinct impression that we have been conned. On a positive side, careful reading of the report only draws attention to this impression and leads one to believe that there should now be a fuller enquiry that with the perspective of time might be better able to find and inform the world of the real truth behind the circumstances of the attack and its aftermath. The fact that this report and the veritable library of books related to this subject still enjoys a huge world-wide readership indicates the importance of gaining a clearer indication of what really happened. The book has these faults but should still be read by a serious enquiring reader if just to think about the Commission’s omissions.
- As a report of a difficult period of time in the United States it gives a fair accounting of the facts. With some distortions of accuracy and now with the benefit of hind-site some omissions a true accounting may never been told. What is told is of a country so incapable of making a quick decision and painfully slow to put the pieces of the puzzle together in time to prevent further destruction. While there are still questions as to if flight 93 was shot down not, don’t look here for an answer. Clearly there were people in control in our government that should not have been there. This report was more forgiving of them then I wound have been. Two many mistakes were made, In the air, on the ground, fighters lost over the water. Besides the heroic efforts at the towers and the Pentagon, grounding all flights over the U.S., however late, and keeping the President airborne in Air Force One, would prove to be the correct choices.
- This was useful when it came to learning about 9/11 and evrythhing that occurred before, after, and during the whole event. It’s basically the encyclopedia of o/11. It helped with my Homeland Security and Emergency Protections class. Good price too.
- Edited, updated review, Feb 2015! I most strongly recommend this publication. Research material for positive Id of SCAD, that is, State Crimes Against Democracy(jmd 6/24/2014).
Where the hell is the Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta and his personal statement @ the 9/11 Commission’s hearings…within the actual 9/11 Commission Report uh? “It is so important to understand that one of the primary means of immobilizing the American people politically today is to hold them in a state of confusion and which anything can be believed but nothing can be known, nothing of significance, that is. And the American people are more than willing to be held in this state because to know the truth-as apposed to only believe the truth-is to face an awful terror and to be no longer able to evade responsibility. It is precisely in moving from belief to knowledge that the citizen moves from irresponsibility to responsibility…”
The foundation, or official story on what happened that day is “explained” in the official 9/11 Commission report via beating the hell out of people and the proof is in the beginning of Chapter 5:
“The following chapters on the 9/11 plot rely heavily on information obtained from captured al-Qaeda members…Assessing the truth of statements by these witnesses…is challenging. Our access to them has been limited to the review of intelligence reports**based on communications received from the locations where the actual interrogations take place. We submitted questions for use in the interrogations, but had no control over whether, when or how questions of particular interest would be asked. Nor were we allowed to talk to the interrogators**so that we could better judge the credibility of the detainees and clarify ambiguities in the reporting. we were told that our requests might disrupt the sensitive interrogations process.”
This publication is the official, public version of what the State wants you to believe. I say belief, or more specifically, to suspend your god given rights as noted in the Constitution of the United States and the Declaration of independence…in the absence of real proof or a lack of a criminal investigation. The best way that I can present this idea is by a quote from a different author/researcher: “It is so important to understand that one of the primary means of immobilizing the American people politically today is to hold them in a state of confusion and which anything can be believed but nothing can be known, nothing of significance, that is. And the American people are more than willing to be held in this state because to know the truth-as apposed to only believe the truth-is to face an awful terror and to be no longer able to evade responsibility. It is precisely in moving from belief to knowledge that the citizen moves from irresponsibility to responsibility…”
My personal observation regarding the 9/11 Commission report:
The idea is that we have been living within a society where specific processes influence our perceptions that might not be in the best interest of our society, but rather, this specific influence is to benefit those’ who employ these programs. The idea is that the use of disinformation to manipulate public opinion has become so successful, that even in the face of obvious manipulation, there is a habitual acceptance of that disinformation because of the strength of the stimulus or the response connection…will not allow one to see the failure of their ideas. Frankly, it is all about the profit, and how this science exploits the American audience for the benefit that does not favor the whole of society, but rather just a few that employ the technique, even when presented with valid information not generally supplied by the Mass Media. From a sociological aspect, one will recognize the overwhelming evidences of cognitive dissonance. This is why I am most strongly recommending this publication from the United States government; to positivity know one way or the other if what your government told you, is true or not. My personal research presents that The 9/11 Commission Report lists several accounts that was done specifically to undermine your rights and that this publication was an attempt to cover up the crime.
I will point out, regardless of what you or I might think what really happened, not one government official that was in a responsible leadership role that day has been held accountable. That truth alone should get a person wondering. Chalmers Johnson (CIA, from 1967 to 1973 & author of the book, Blow Back) said that someone had accused him of changing his personal views. Johnson responded to that critic by quoting another author saying that when he gets new information, he changes his views. “what sir, do you do?” “Eugene Jarecki (2006) Why We Fight, DVD”. Please don’t take what I or anyone has to say as the final word, be responsible and find out for your love ones. Additional publications will be added in the future but the following links are the primary documents I have personally read & studied that require me to follow through with my oath to the Constitution of the United States and to speak up.